Investing in the Quad Cities Community
Since first opening, Northwest Bank & Trust Company has been a major contributor to the development of our community. Today, your hometown bank has the area’s longest continuous history of highly-trained, friendly professionals fulfilling its mission to create customer and shareholder value through product and service excellence.
Northwest Bank & Trust Company has deep roots in this community at a time when other banks, both local and regional, are just entering our market. People in and around the area have come to know us. They know who we are and what we stand for – honesty, integrity and confidentiality. Life really is easier and more secure when you bank at the area’s most reliable, flexible, responsive, and convenient provider of quality personal service.
Since 1941, there has been one constant – our belief that customers prefer fairly priced products and services that come from someone they know and trust. This is our past. It is also our future. Thank you for being a part of both.
A long history of local, honest, and reliable banking.
On July 7, 1941, with only three employees, Northwest Bank & Trust Company opened its doors for business at 1529 Washington Street, Davenport, Iowa, in the heart of "Germantown."
In 1953, the Bank moved down the street to 1454 West Locust Street. The original drive-up facility on Locust Street was then opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in 1960. The main Locust Street facility was modernized and expanded to twice its original size later this decade.
In 1968, Northwest Bank established a motor bank at 38th and Brady Streets to service Davenport's fast growing commercial area north of Duck Creek. The facility was so well received that the bank outgrew the location and in 1974 moved to the nine-story Northwest Bank Tower at NorthPark.
In 1969, the bank's trust department, now known as the Investment Management Group, was founded.
Northwest Bank Tower at NorthPark opened in 1974, accommodating a growing bank team. Over time, the tower building has become home to a vast array of small businesses.
In 1976, the Northwest Bank formed its Employee Stock Ownership Plan, giving employees of the bank minority ownership - a defining moment to this day.
In early 1981, Northwest Bank opened for business in the Bettendorf market. It featured the first drive-up Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) in the Quad Cities area.
In 1982, a 6-story office building at the corner of Second and Brady Streets in downtown Davenport was opened. At the time, this building was the first major office building constructed in downtown Davenport in over 50 years. With the arrival of the farm crises, downtown Davenport began to struggle. Northwest Bank maintained its commitment to the downtown community despite the financial burden of maintaining its location. The bank's commitment remains strong, with a new tenant moving into the building in 2006.
In 1996, Northwest Bank entered the software business with Bank Sweep Manager®. Bank Sweep Manager is used in the bank to this day - and has served over 500 community bank and credit union clients throughout the nation.
In 2003, the 50-year-old bank building on West Locust Street and its neighboring drive-up facility were razed and the current full-service facility was built on the same site.
In 2019, one of the bank's long-time partners in providing trust and estate tax returns and planning, Blair, Westfall & Co., officially became a part of Northwest Bank. The acquisition ensured the continuation of access to local tax experts, an expansion of payroll services and bookkeeping, and completed the bank's financial offerings.
Northwest Bank acquires local tax and accounting firm, Pyle-Scott & Associates. Blair, Westfall & Co. and Pyle-Scott & Associates combine to form Centennial Tax & Accounting.