Economic Development & Tax Incentive Finance
Providing a unique lending solution for developers
At Untamed Equity we look for market opportunities that require the development of unique commercial lending solutions that provide superior value. Our Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Loan Monetization Program does that by helping developers convert pay-as-you-go TIF incentives into cash. The lending specialists at Untamed Equity are uniquely positioned to help you because they come from an economic development background. They have an understanding of the issue from both sides of table.
Same team. Same expertise in economic development. New name!
TIF Loan Developer Benefits
- Reduce your out-of-pocket investment in the incented project.
- Invest in larger incented projects.
- Increase cash-on-cash returns.
- Free-up value trapped in incented projects for use in an unrelated project.
TIF Loan Municipality Benefits
- Mitigates much of the deal risk for the municipality offering the incentive.
- Establish payment expectations to ensure that increment value will be generated.
- Municipality borrowing capacity at debt limits are not impacted.
- The developer is more likely to follow through on the project as their funds are put in first.
- Allows for more flexibility, avoids the complexities and has lower costs than bonding and other alternatives.
TIF Loan Benefits for both Developers & Municipalities
- Municipalities are able to offer a pay-as-you-go incentive model, while affording the developer the opportunity to realize their funds upfront.
- With a higher equity infusion, the project becomes substantially more viable.
Check out our videos on Tax Increment Financing and our feature episode on the Econ Dev Show podcast.
Lending Millions Across the Midwest (and Beyond)
We have harnessed over $425 million in economic development (and counting)
Our team has been lending millions across the Midwest – and beyond – partnering on a variety of projects in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio with others pending.
Meet the Untamed Equity Team
President & Founder, Untamed Equity
Emily has spent six years in accounting and over 15 years in banking. She has held a variety of leadership roles in commercial lending ranging from large multi-national banks to local community banks, joining Northwest Bank as Chief Lending Officer in 2016 and founding Untamed Equity in 2022.
Loan Origination & Syndications
Previously owning and operating his own company, Corey brings a unique perspective to Commercial Lending. Corey graduated from St. Ambrose University and has over 18 years of financial and business experience.
Business Development Specialist
Jeremy holds two Master of Business Administration degrees and has served as the Executive Director of a non-profit Economic Development organization in Nebraska and Project Manager for a Des Moines Metro Economic Development group, totaling over ten years of experience in Rural Development.
Beth has a Master’s Degree in Economics and has spent over 20 years working in the financial services industry with a focus on financial reporting and analysis. She uses that talent and experience to help analyze our economic development loans and she works with customers to efficiently and effectively close their loans.